Support longer pop-up messages

About Forums Enhancement Requests Support longer pop-up messages

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Zoltan Csati 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Zoltan Csati

I am using this great program with the m2uml MATLAB extension. However, as documented in m2uml, “PlantText cannot handle the long lines, which results from including hyper-links and tool-tips. (These features were added to PlantUML late last autumn.)”. When will it be integrated to PlantText? E.g. the following code is not generated, I have to manually delete several characters from it:

@startuml
     title <b>d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2</b>
             class Q4StructuredMesh << (H,#E6FFE6)  >> [[matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openDocument('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m'){Q4STRUCTUREDMESH  Implements a structured mesh of identical quadrilaterals.}]] {
                 {field} -domain [[  {No tooltip} ]]
                 {field} -xDivision [[  {No tooltip} ]]
                 {field} -yDivision [[  {No tooltip} ]]
                ____
                 +Q4StructuredMesh() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','Q4StructuredMesh') {Check domain} ]]
                 +plot() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','plot') {No H1-line} ]]
                 +info() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','info') {No H1-line} ]]
                 +connectingElementsToEdge() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','connectingElementsToEdge') {No H1-line} ]]
                 +connectingElementsToNode() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','connectingElementsToNode') {No H1-line} ]]
                 +connectingEdgesToNode() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','connectingEdgesToNode') {No H1-line} ]]
                 +generate() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','generate') {Generate the nodes, elements and edges} ]]
                 +addElement() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','addElement') {Check for object type} ]]
                 +addNode() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','addNode') {Add a new node to the existing ones} ]]
                 -createEdges() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','createEdges') {No H1-line} ]]
                 -createElements() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','createElements') {TODO: do not allow to add more elements when full} ]]
                 -createNodes() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','createNodes') {Create the grid points} ]]
                __todo/fixme__
                 {field} #do not allow to  [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToLine('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m',153) {do not allow to add more elements when full} ]]
             }
         Q4StructuredMesh  -up-|>  Mesh  
     @enduml
  • #253 Reply

Arwen Vaughan
    Keymaster

What characters do you have to remove in order for this to work in PlantText.com? Can you give me a minimum working example so I can look at the differences between working and not working, to see what syntax is causing the problem?

PlantText uses the PlantUML web service program, which requires sending the deflated version of the markup as a GET HTTP request. So, I tried running this example directly against their PlantUML web service and it did not work either. This means either the PlantUML web service has not been updated to a version that supports the feature you are using, or perhaps it is a problem with just the web service version or sending over HTTP.

I would try using the PlantUML jar file at the command prompt and see if it works in that more direct way. Let me know if you have already tried that and know the answer. If that works, then you need to post a bug report to the PlantUML folks and they will make it work. Again, PlantText is using their PlantUML web service so that is the only way to get it working for you.

• #255 Reply

Zoltan Csati

What characters do you have to remove in order for this to work in PlantText.com? Can you give me a minimum working example so I can look at the differences between working and not working, to see what syntax is causing the problem?

@startuml
         title <b>d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2</b>
                 class Q4StructuredMesh << (H,#E6FFE6)  >> [[matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openDocument('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m'){Q4STRUCTUREDMESH  Implements a structured}]] {
                     {field} -domain [[  {No tooltip} ]]
                     {field} -xDivision [[  {No tooltip} ]]
                     {field} -yDivision [[  {No tooltip} ]]
                    ____
                     +Q4StructuredMesh() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','Q4StructuredMesh') {Check domain} ]]
                     +plot() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','plot') {No H1-line} ]]
                     +info() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','info') {No H1-line} ]]
                     +connectingElementsToEdge() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','connectingElementsToEdge') {No H1-line} ]]
                     +connectingElementsToNode() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','connectingElementsToNode') {No H1-line} ]]
                     +connectingEdgesToNode() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','connectingEdgesToNode') {No H1-line} ]]
                     +generate() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','generate') {Generate the nodes, elements and edges} ]]
                     +addElement() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','addElement') {Check for object type} ]]
                     +addNode() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','addNode') {Add a new node to the existing ones} ]]
                     -createEdges() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','createEdges') {No H1-line} ]]
                     -createElements() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','createElements') {TODO: do not allow to add more el} ]]
                     -createNodes() [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToFunction('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m','createNodes') {Create the grid points} ]]
                    __todo/fixme__
                     {field} #do not allow to  [[ matlab:matlab.desktop.editor.openAndGoToLine('d:\Letöltések\CutFEM-2\src\Q4StructuredMesh.m',153) {do not allow to add more elements when full} ]]
                 }
             Q4StructuredMesh  -up-|>  Mesh  
         @enduml

I would try using the PlantUML jar file at the command prompt and see if it works in that more direct way. Let me know if you have already tried that and know the answer.

I tried under Linux and works fine with long pop-up comments too. So the problem may be in PlantText.

Reply To: Support longer pop-up messages
Your information: